View all Recipes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or other oil)
- 1 tbsp. dried herbes de Provence
- dried tarragon, savory, sage leaves, thyme, lavender, marjoram
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 large yellow onions, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 2 cans of tomato
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 400˚F. Heat oil in a large pot. Add herbes de Provence, garlic, onions, and bay leaf; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to high; stir in the zucchini, eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Uncover pot, transfer to the oven, and bake, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in basil and parsley. Transfer ratatouille to a serving bowl, and serve warm or at room temperature.