- About Us
- After-School Program & Summer Camp
- Community Action
- Community Cooking
- Food Bank
- Healthy Beginnings & Family Support
- Sustainable Food Systems Education
- Urban Agriculture
- Food Markets
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Gifts That Matter
Looking for a meaningful holiday gift for your staff, clients, friends, teachers or anyone else on your list this year? By making a $25 donation to The Stop Community Food Centre, you can purchase a food hamper for a family in need on behalf of the special people on your list. We’ll send them a lovely card (see sample below) letting them know that you’ve done so. Imagine stress-free holiday shopping that makes a difference!
Here’s how it works:
1. Send an email to lianne [at] thestop [dot] org (subject: Gifts%20that%20Matter) with the names and addresses of the people on your list.
2. For every $25 donation, we’ll send a card to the individuals on your list with the following message:
“A donation has been made by (Your Name) on your behalf to The Stop Community Food Centre to purchase a food hamper for a family in need this holiday season. Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday.”
3. You’ll receive a tax receipt for your entire gift, and the good feeling of knowing that your gifts are fighting hunger and poverty in the city.
Please note, we must receive your list of names no later than December 16th to ensure delivery of your card(s) prior to December 25th.