Volunteering at The Stop
Bring the passion and we’ll turn it into action!
How do you want to get involved? Think about how much time you can contribute, how long you are able to commit, and what kind of volunteer experience would best fit your skills, experience, and passion.
At The Stop, we ask all volunteers to make a commitment of one 4-5-hour shift per week, for a minimum of 4-6 months. You can also learn more about volunteering at our fundraising events.
There are volunteer opportunities at both of our locations:
- 1884 Davenport Road. At this location, we run many of our frontline programs, including our Food Bank, Drop-in, Healthy Beginnings program, advocacy programs, and commercial kitchen, in which we prepare meals for our Drop-in and Healthy Beginnings programs.
- The Stop’s Green Barn (601 Christie Street at Artscape Wychwood Barns). At this location, we run our urban agriculture programs and our greenhouse and compost demonstration centre.
Our Volunteer Positions:
- Most of our daytime, weekday volunteer roles available are in our Drop-in, Food Bank, and Good Food Market.
- These opportunities are on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Volunteer shifts are 4-hours long, mostly between the period of 8AM to 3:30PM.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate groups, families, or individuals requesting a one-time volunteer opportunity. We ask all volunteers to make a commitment of one 4-5-hour shift per week, for a minimum of 4-6 months. Nevertheless, if any member of a group would like to get involved on a more regular basis with The Stop, we would be more than happy to consider their request. You can also learn more about our corporate volunteer program.
In most of our volunteer positions, you will be working directly with people; as such, some of our positions will require the completion of a police check.