View all Recipes
- 2 cups chopped blanched green cabbage
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour or corn starch
- 6 scallions, finely chopped, or red onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated cold butter
- 1 tbs fresh thyme
- 1 cup ice water
- 10 1/2 tbsp. canola oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Combine cabbage, flour, rice flour, scallions, egg, and 1 cup ice-cold water in a bowl; whisk to combine. Set aside to let rest for 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a 12″ non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; scoop four 2-tbsp portions of batter into skillet; flatten each portion with the back of a spoon. Cook until edges crisp, about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes; cook until set, about 2 minutes. Transfer pancakes to paper towels and wipe out skillet after each batch. Serve sprinkled with salt.
- Freeze leftovers for a healthy meal later.
- Don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients. If you are missing something, that is ok. Use whatever vegetables and ingredients are seasonal, fresh, and that you have on hand.
- This was an extremely popular lunch item. We served it with sausage and cabbage stew & rice. Part of cabbage month at The Stop. Yum cabbage!