Thank you for your interest in working with The Stop Community Food Centre! We are currently hiring for a Community Services Team Lead. Please read the complete job description below:
Community Services Team Lead
permanent, full-time position
(37.5 hours per week)
The Stop Community Food Centre is a leading-edge and nationally-respected non-profit organization that has been providing innovative programs and advocacy to address problems of hunger and inequality for over 30 years. The Stop’s mission is to increase access to healthy food in a manner that maintains dignity, builds health and community, and challenges inequality.
The Community Services Team Lead is responsible for the day-to-day operations of The Stop’s Drop-in, Food Bank, and Good Food Market. Reporting to the Community Programs Manager, the successful candidate will work in collaboration with a team of staff, volunteers, and partners, engaging program participants, and providing support in a safe and healthy environment that is respectful and dignified. We are looking for someone committed to social justice and experienced and comfortable in a fast-paced, complex environment to join our vibrant team.
- Work in collaboration with frontline staff and volunteers to provide dignified, respectful, and supportive programs and services that engage participants;
- Supervise frontline staff, conduct ongoing performance evaluation, and provide necessary support and opportunities for training;
- Liaise and collaborate with partner agencies and individual food donors to resource programs and services;
- Work with staff to assess community need, and develop and deliver programs and services to support community members;
- Ensure staff are trained and equipped to de-escalate and intervene during crises;
- Represent The Stop at relevant networks and coalitions and make public presentations as required;
- Work closely with the Community Programs Manager on development of budgets, protocols, and procedures;
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, train, and schedule volunteers;
- Develop funding proposals and reports as required;
- Track and analyze statistics and qualitative information for internal use and for reports to funders;
- Facilitate weekly or bi-weekly debrief sessions with Community Services Team;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a social service environment;
- MSW or extensive relevant experience;
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience managing staff and volunteers;
- Experience in developing programs and building partnerships required;
- Experience working from an anti-racist and anti-oppressive perspective with diverse, marginalized communities, including people who are homeless, and people who are dealing with addiction, poverty, and mental illness;
- Certified in crisis intervention and First Aid with excellent crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and de-escalation skills required;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, with a high volume of people;
- Knowledge of safe food-handling practices;
- Ability to speak and understand a second language, Spanish, Portuguese, is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 annually + generous benefits package
Start Date: immediately
Please include a cover letter and resume to the attention of Hiring Committee – Community Services Team Lead. Applications are being accepted through the Charity Village website. Applications must be received Friday, March 3rd at 5PM. No faxes, emails or phone calls please. Interviews will be conducted as resumes are received. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
The Stop Community Food Centre is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity-seeking groups. We regret that only those applicants being considered will be contacted.